Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Illinois is a band from Pennsylvania... go figure

I should have posted about Illinois sooner, but I might not have even been blogging when I first started listening to them. Their latest album, Lemonade Stand, is good, but not as good as their earlier albums. This lack of polish might be because it's culled from demos in their catalog rather than brand new material. The tracks I like on Lemonade Stand are: Shoot the Moon, Ecco Bella, Metropolis, Mountain, and Posture.

Illinois is a bit folky, a bit discordant, a bit stompy, a bit country, a bit electronic, but almost always catchy and melodic. They remind me most of Folk Implosion or any other Lou Barlow stuff, but also bring to mind Beck's folkier work.

It's pretty difficult to find their music online, but this is probably one of their best tracks. You can also get a few free tracks from the band's website below.



http://www.illinoistheband.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment