Sunday, October 25, 2009

Good Soup! Thanks, Harmony.


Harmony Fabrizio, ex-Burke teacher and XC Coach, sent me this recipe:

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/roasted_pear_butternut_soup_with_crumbled_stilton.html

I made it on Saturday to bring to Dan's pre-marathon pot-luck. Everyone who tried it liked it.

I pretty much followed the recipe except I used cilantro (leftover from the bad soup and it's better than chives anyway).

I learned a few things from this experience:
  • Apparently there are pans in a nifty little drawer underneath my oven. How'd they get there?
  • When Giant prices something by the bunch and you just buy one, you get charged for the whole bunch anyway.
  • Maureen told me that leeks grow in sand. Who knew?
  • Peeling butternut squash is quite difficult because the skin is really thick and the angles are odd.
  • Putting those peels in the disposal will clog your drain.
So the soup was a hit, but now I have to call a plumber. One step forward, another step back...

No comments:

Post a Comment